Ashland, Kansas Demographics

According to allunitconverters, Ashland, Kansas is a small town located in Clark County, in the southwestern region of the state. With a population of around 800 residents, Ashland is known for its close-knit community, charming small-town atmosphere, and picturesque landscapes. Let’s take a closer look at the demographics of this vibrant town.

Ashland has a fairly even gender distribution, with males comprising 51% of the population and females making up the remaining 49%. The median age in the town is 46 years, which is slightly higher than the national average. This indicates that Ashland has a significant population of middle-aged and older residents.

The racial composition of Ashland is predominantly White, with approximately 95% of the population identifying as Caucasian. The remaining 5% of the population consists of individuals from various ethnic backgrounds, such as Hispanic, African American, Native American, and Asian. Ashland, like many rural communities, lacks significant racial diversity.

In terms of educational attainment, the majority of Ashland residents have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent. However, the percentage of individuals with a bachelor’s degree or higher is relatively low compared to the national average. This suggests that higher education opportunities may be limited, and many residents may pursue vocational or trade careers instead.

Ashland has a relatively stable economy, primarily driven by industries such as agriculture, healthcare, education, and retail. The town is surrounded by vast farmlands, and agriculture plays a significant role in sustaining the local economy. Additionally, the healthcare and education sectors provide employment opportunities for residents.

The median household income in Ashland is slightly lower than the national average, reflecting the town’s rural nature and smaller job market. However, the cost of living in Ashland is generally lower compared to more urbanized areas, which helps to offset the income disparity. The town boasts a tight-knit community where people come together to support each other in times of need.

Ashland also has a relatively low poverty rate, with around 11% of the population living below the poverty line. This indicates that the majority of residents have access to basic necessities and a relatively high standard of living. The town has a strong sense of community, and residents actively work to support local businesses and organizations.

In terms of housing, Ashland offers a mix of single-family homes, apartments, and rental properties. The town has a small-town charm, with tree-lined streets and well-maintained properties. The cost of housing in Ashland is generally affordable, making it an attractive place to live for families and individuals looking for a quieter, more rural lifestyle.

Despite its small size, Ashland offers a range of recreational activities for its residents. The town has parks, playgrounds, and sports facilities for outdoor enthusiasts. Additionally, Ashland is surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes, making it a popular destination for hiking, fishing, and wildlife watching.

In summary, Ashland, Kansas is a small town with a close-knit community and a charming rural atmosphere. The population is predominantly White, and the town lacks significant racial diversity. The economy is primarily driven by agriculture, healthcare, education, and retail. The town offers affordable housing options and a range of recreational activities. Despite its size, Ashland provides a strong sense of community and a high quality of life for its residents.

Location, Weather, and Education of Ashland, Kansas

Located in Clark County, Kansas, Ashland is a small town with a population of just over 800 residents. Nestled in the southern region of the state, Ashland is surrounded by vast expanses of open prairie and rolling hills. The town’s picturesque location offers breathtaking views of the untouched natural beauty that characterizes the Great Plains.

According to travelationary, Ashland experiences a semi-arid climate, with hot summers and cool winters. Summers are marked by high temperatures, often reaching the upper 90s (Fahrenheit), while winters bring chilly temperatures that can drop below freezing. The town receives an average of 20 inches of rainfall annually, with most precipitation occurring during the spring and summer months. Additionally, Ashland is prone to severe weather, including thunderstorms and occasional tornadoes, which are a common occurrence in the region.

In terms of education, Ashland is served by the Ashland Unified School District (USD 220). The district consists of a single K-12 school, which provides education for the entire community. Ashland Elementary/Junior High School and Ashland High School are housed in the same building, fostering a close-knit community atmosphere among students and faculty.

Ashland Elementary/Junior High School focuses on providing a well-rounded education to students in grades K-8. With a dedicated faculty and staff, the school emphasizes academic excellence, personal growth, and character development. Students engage in a comprehensive curriculum that includes core subjects like mathematics, science, language arts, and social studies, as well as specialized courses in art, music, physical education, and technology. The school also offers extracurricular activities such as sports, clubs, and organizations to encourage students’ participation and foster their interests and talents.

Ashland High School offers a comprehensive educational experience for students in grades 9-12. The school strives to prepare students for success beyond graduation, whether they choose to pursue higher education or enter the workforce directly. The curriculum at Ashland High School includes a wide range of academic courses, including advanced placement (AP) classes, allowing students to challenge themselves and earn college credits. Alongside academic pursuits, the school offers various extracurricular activities such as athletics, fine arts, and clubs, providing students with opportunities to explore their interests and develop leadership skills.

Despite being a small town, Ashland’s education system places a strong emphasis on personalized attention and individual growth. The small class sizes allow teachers to provide students with the necessary support and encouragement to excel academically and personally. Moreover, the close-knit community fosters a sense of belonging and camaraderie, creating a supportive environment for students to thrive.

In conclusion, Ashland, Kansas, offers a tranquil and scenic location with a semi-arid climate. The town’s education system, provided by the Ashland Unified School District, focuses on providing a well-rounded education to students from kindergarten through high school. With a comprehensive curriculum, extracurricular opportunities, and a close-knit community, Ashland’s education system strives to prepare students for success while fostering their personal growth.