7, 8 and 9 February 2013, you can enjoy the relatively young sport icecross down in Landgraaf. The event is called: Red Bull Crashed Ice. The relatively young sport originated in Stockholm, capital of Sweden in early 2000. What does icecross perform in? When the first event took place in the Netherlands?
- The origin of icecross downhill
- Red Bull Crashed Ice World Championship
- 2013: Landgraaf and Red Bull Crashed Ice
- The program in brief
- Members of the Dutch team
- As dominate the sport?
The Origin Of Icecross Downhill
Icecross downhill skiing is a relatively young sport that originated in January 2000 in Stockholm.
The event on January 20, 2000 went skaters in hockey attire one-on-one race on an ice rink full of obstacles, ijstrappen and hairpin bends.
Red Bull Crashed Ice World Championship
In 2011 the Netherlands came into the picture in the form of Red Bull Crashed Ice World Championship. The competition was held on the Cauberg in Valkenburg. The event was well attended, as many as 35,000 fans encouraged skiers. The following year, 2012, was Valkenburg on the World Cup calendar.
2013: Landgraaf and Red Bull Crashed Ice
Also in 2013, a competition organized in our country, this time in Landgraaf. For the first time in history, fought on an indoor court. It is a very steep descent, very sharp curves and several obstacles. Speeds can be accessed from sixty km / h on the ice rink which has a length of 330 meters.
The Program In Brief
Each event of the sport icecross downhill consists of three days of competition.
At the event in Landgraaf:
- Thursday, February 7: National Shoot Out, a time trial in which participants make up two runs and just get into the job. The 32 drivers who set fastest times will advance to the elimination round. This elimination round a day later went along with the international project.
- Friday, February 8: International Shoot Out: Here you go 64 best ICERS world crashed twice just to set the fastest time. The 32 fastest drivers will qualify directly to the final. The rest of the participants, is the best of the national push to help remove the round. In the elimination round begins actually the real competition is the descent of the so-called ice channel will be a time to celebrate. The top two advance to the next round, this continues to remain up to 32 skaters.
- Saturday, February 9: Finale: 32 riders left on the Friday going into Saturday’s fight with the fastest of the international project. That amounts to 64 participants in the final. They ride in groups of four, the two fastest advance to the next round, until there are four. The order of the finals determines the order of the podium.
It is utilized in Landgraaf an indoor track, it means that the number of spectators will be limited. No more than five thousand people enjoy the spectacle. Therefore, working with a ticket system. Entry tickets can earn by redbull.nl.
Members of the Dutch team
- Glenn Bakx
- Remo Speijers
- Bart van Roosmalen
As Dominate The Sport?
The Swedish hockey Felder dominated the sport in the early years. But the sport is becoming more international.Primarily Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland have great success in the sport. The number of nationalities taking per event. Competitions for women is now also organized.
Red Bull Media House Partners with BT Sport
400 Athletes Brave Red Bull Crashed Ice Tryouts « CBS …
Red Bull Crashed Ice Tryouts: St Paul, MN
Red Bull Crashed Ice World Champion Fannie Desforges …
Red Bull Crashed Ice : La nouvelle saison approche
Red Bull Crashed Ice
OTROS DEPORTES EN EL HIELO
Red Bull Crashed Ice Battle: Bike gegen Schlittschuhe …
Red Bull Crashed Ice: Moskwa
Red Bull Crashed Ice Qualifier 2012 / 2013 Switzerland …
Red Bull Crashed Ice 2013: nationale kwalificatie …
Ice Cross Blends Hockey Gear and High Speed at Red Bull …
Red Bull Crashed Ice. Next stop: Lausanne, Switzerland …
Red Bull Crashed Ice: The Evolution
Red Bull Crashed Ice Saint Paul 2013 – Event Recap
Red Bull Crashed Ice : et de quatre pour Pihlainen …
März | 2013
Red Bull Crashed Ice : Québec est prête à accueillir la …